Steering Wheel

I thought I read in several places on here that an R model steering wheel would fit a B model...

I saw this on EBay, the seller says it was bought for his B , but wouldnt fit, any thoughts?

The mast jacket at the top of the steering column is different between the two series of trucks. The spline count is the same.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The mast jacket at the top of the steering column is different between the two series of trucks. The spline count is the same.

Rob

Is there an easy way to modify it to work? I assume you are talking about the outer tube... is it to big on the truck? Can you could chuck the wheel up in a lathe and open it up? Or somthing else...

Thanks

Is there an easy way to modify it to work? I assume you are talking about the outer tube... is it to big on the truck? Can you could chuck the wheel up in a lathe and open it up? Or somthing else...

Thanks

I suppose you could use a donor mast jacket collar from an R model and modify the B series steering outer tube for it to fit. Never have tried to do it myself. Always rebuilt my own steering wheels for the B series and will be doing an R shortly.

Easiest thing to do is install an aftermarket wheel with adapter although it looks nowhere original.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.