Regen Problem

Brian Clark

Have a 2009 plowing snow and i am getting frustrated with having to pull over to regen is there someting iam doing wrong

Every time I read something like this, it makes me glad I bought an '01. It's my understanding that if you can't run down the road at a pretty constant speed (i.e. cruise set running down the interstate) to regen on-the-fly, then you'll have to stop & do it. How many times per shift does it happen? Could you possibly initiate it when you get back to the yard as a part of your post trip in order to make it through the next shift w/o needing to stop? Or if you slipseat, do the regen at the start of your day...before hitting the road? If it only does it once per day or less, that MIGHT let you complete your runs without having to stop part way through.

If you have to stop more than once per shift, there may not be much you can do.

Thank the EPA. Friggin sucks for those stuck with newer trucks for local work. :angry:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

On our 2008 cxu you have to be going at least a steady 5 or 10 mph (can't remember which it is). The only way you can manually initiate a regen is if you set the parking brakes when a "auto" regen is in process. You can't just start a regen whenever you want (at least on our year model you can't). I hardly ever have to do a "parked regen" but usually if I do, I can run a at least 2 weeks before it does another regen. The only thing I would know to maybe check is make sure your regen switch is in the "neutral" position and not the "inhibit" position.