Intermittent Electrical Gremlin:

Finally found the source of the intermittent lamps on the dash of the winch truck. The main contactor relay under the dash is bad. The truck never has a problem starting, running, charging or anything of the like. The problem is sometimes the "aux brake on", and low air lamps would work, sometimes they would not. Sometimes I would cycle the ignition switch three to four times before the lamps would light up. The contactor clunked 100% of the time. When the lamps were on and the rt. dash panel was removed exposing the contactor, a slight "rap" on the left terminal, (large one) and the lights promptly went out. They never will come back on even with repeat rapping on the contactor. Cycling the ignition switch repeatedly will bring them back on.

Think I have one of those contactors around here someplace. I'll have to look later when back at the shop.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

dont you just love electricl problems!!!!

I fix them daily on other equipments. Damned hard to isolate when everything appears to be working!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.