¿how A Aftercooler Works?

Mack

On the early 285, 315 hp engines they used air to air , on the later 285, 315 ,350, they used air and water, they called it series cooler, the turbo boost would pass though the water cooler first then the air cooler to cool the air more. Ron

Good info Frend. I thought all tip turbines were water after cooled

you could use a remote water source and pump to better cool the water . I know some dragracers that do this. the set back is that a seapret radiator,pump, water lines and other misc things need to be added and it will take up some space under the hood.

also the OEM aftercooler may need to be modified to not let engine the hotter coolant in.

The water cooler is seperate from the air ,it looks like a heatercore,sets on top of the air cooler, gets water from the water pump, returns to the oilcooler, the housing is the same size as the air to air ,but the air cooler is smaller so both will fit in the housing, you could slip heater hoses over the ends and put a pump and maybe a little heatercore, might cool better than having 180 degree coolant. Ron

¿The Intercooler will work better air to air? or this aftercooler makes all the work need.

The new turbo cars have some water Or alcohol injection to cool more in extreme use could this be used and were will be place if this can be used.

Can work the bucs install a inter Or after cooler in a old turbo engine

On tipturbine engines i think the water/air will cool the turbo air more than the air/air, but dont know how much, i think the water/air intercooler are getting hard to find, i was looking for one to put on a 350, i found one complete, had to take it off for $200 dont know wheter it was a good deal or not but i bought it.