Ai 427 Upgrades Illinois Dyno?

Has anybody tried Ilinois dyno ecm reflash, or a power box. Or any other solutions for these gutless wonder AI 427's. Mine is in a Dump truck. It has no bottom end what so ever ,and when it finally does make power it is time to shift. TIA

Has anybody tried Ilinois dyno ecm reflash, or a power box. Or any other solutions for these gutless wonder AI 427's. Mine is in a Dump truck. It has no bottom end what so ever ,and when it finally does make power it is time to shift. TIA

Havent heard of anyone using them. There were several threads on the AI engines, lots of things to do and check, tire size, gear ratio and transmission make a huge difference. Mack dealer software updates can make a difference. I am workin on one now that is weak, Its a 427 AI, 4.42 rear gears, tall 24.5 rubber and an 8LL Fuller trans. Did all software updates (step 12B), adjusted valves, installed upgraded rocker arm hold down bolts, pressure tested aftercooler and intake manifold and piping. Driver was in a hurry but called back to say much improved. In my opinion it needs 4.64 gears or drop down to lo-pro 24.5 tires but the customer doesn't want to do it. Whats the specs on your truck? Last 6 of Vin would help and I can pull it up.