Dash Valve?

macattack

hey gang. i noticed that after i release my parking brake i can hear the dash valve exhausting for what seems like a long time. do you think i have a bad dash valve or qr valve. or is it a brake adjustment that is needed? the brakes seem to release quick though.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

its possible that you have dirt or a clogged air line. it may take more time to fill the parking system or you have a slight leak? IIRC all the parking system does is push back on the springs to keep them released. There also may be a Anti Compounding valve? that may give you the same issue. I dont recall how that valve is plumbed but its used in alot of spring brake air systems

hey gang. i noticed that after i release my parking brake i can hear the dash valve exhausting for what seems like a long time. do you think i have a bad dash valve or qr valve. or is it a brake adjustment that is needed? the brakes seem to release quick though.

thanks

I have a 72 R Model dose the same thing, replaced the dash valve still leaks im thinking it is a double checkvalve down by the foot valve. dont use the truck much anymore will find out this summer.