Speedometer Cable

pamcmahon

Looking for the speedometer cable for my 47 85LS1112 Canopy Cab engine. The outer casing is still there, but no internal cable. Any ideas on where to find would be nice. Then I can see how slow I am actually going. I believe the part number is 98AX411.

post-6289-0-07513300-1294889403_thumb.jp

Edited by FairplayMack

Looking for the speedometer cable for my 47 85LS1112 Canopy Cab engine. The outer casing is still there, but no internal cable. Any ideas on where to find would be nice. Then I can see how slow I am actually going. I believe the part number is 98AX411.

I'll do some looking for a vendor but that cable you mention will need to come from an aftermarket supplier. They will be custom to your sizing with either a crimped end to the round cable, or a deformed end which is usually .104 square.

Before you go the expense of a new cable ensure your cable jacket is in good shape by feeded a small piece of wire through it. If the old drive cable has twisted and broken inside the jacket, there is no need to go further without the complete assembly. The cable and jacket are supplied in bulk rolls, cut to length per application, then assembled.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Fairplay,

I replaced both the speedo and tach cable on the B75F, Barry at Watts Mack has a local supplier the cuts the cable to length. If you send the old cable casing in can either add a new cable to your casing (if ok to do so) or will build you a new cable and casing to the exact size of the sample you send them.

You can send it Watts Mack attention Barry,and can call Barry if you have any questions.

Firemack

Thanks all, the local speedometer company looked at the casing and said "most" ends at the speedometer were crimped square. I had him make one and the crimped square end went right into the speedometer.

And the transmission end was probably round with a deformed "tang" to fit into a slot of the driving gear?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.