15 Duplex

Is there a 5 speed single stick for a B model that can be switched out with a 15 speed duplex thats in the truck? And , does anyone know where I can find a 5 speed trans for the B?  :mack1:

I have a tr67 5 speed trans thats in a b model, Its for sale,or trade? has 16,000 miles total on it, no overdrive. I am in SW Indiana. call 812-381-0983 anytime.

cj5fred@aol.com

Thanks

Fred

:SMOKIE-LFT:

15 gears...no waiting!

what engine does it have fred? is it used in HD or off road use

Most of the B models I have seen that had Diesel engines came with 10 or more gears

I know some fire truck B models had 5 speeds but they were gas jobbers

This truck has the 707 gas engine, also has 6.14 rear gear ratio, You are right that not too many diesels have 5 speeds with the thermodyne engines. Unless you are going to pull totally maxed out loads, I think it will work ok. This trans has no overdrive, this will have closer gear ratios that say the maxi torque trans that was with the maxidyne engines, I could get the ratios for this trans for comparison.

Fred :SMOKIE-LFT:

15 gears...no waiting!

This truck has the 707 gas engine, also has 6.14 rear gear ratio, You are right that not too many diesels have 5 speeds with the thermodyne engines. Unless you are going to pull totally maxed out loads, I think it will work ok. This trans has no overdrive, this will have closer gear ratios that say the maxi torque trans that was with the maxidyne engines, I could get the ratios for this trans for comparison.

Fred :SMOKIE-LFT:

5TH- 1.00

4TH-1.29

3RD-2.30

2ND-4.35

1ST-8.05

15 gears...no waiting!