Mcguyer'd Cab Mounts

...been living with a loose cab with no rubbers on one side...tried steel shims but they vibrated out (the nut and bolt are loose and frozen)...tired of the hard banging and feeling that the cab would fly off onto the road decided to try and fix it today, I didnt know about the rubber mounts till I saw them in my service manual the other day...any how, had some leftover 1/4" rubber from the pad I made a floor mat out of and thought I could make some rubber shims, to raise the cab back up to where it should be and tighen it down with a new nut and bolt...success, it is like driving a new truck!

post-6773-008581000 1293155916_thumb.jpg

post-6773-070631100 1293155934_thumb.jpg

...been living with a loose cab with no rubbers on one side...tried steel shims but they vibrated out (the nut and bolt are loose and frozen)...tired of the hard banging and feeling that the cab would fly off onto the road decided to try and fix it today, I didnt know about the rubber mounts till I saw them in my service manual the other day...any how, had some leftover 1/4" rubber from the pad I made a floor mat out of and thought I could make some rubber shims, to raise the cab back up to where it should be and tighen it down with a new nut and bolt...success, it is like driving a new truck!

The cab mount rubber insolators are available new through Watt's and Barry can help you out. The durometer hardness of the rubber you have used will probably be insufficient in long term service; you did a good job for the short term. Those insulators take a beating.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The cab mount rubber insolators are available new through Watt's and Barry can help you out. The durometer hardness of the rubber you have used will probably be insufficient in long term service; you did a good job for the short term. Those insulators take a beating.

Rob

Then I WILL be buying a set...Thanks...