Need Help Removing Blinker Housing On Mack Mh613

On my 1986 mack ultraliner my passenger side blinker the fiberglass housing that holds the blinker on the truck is busted where the two bolt holes are. The screwws that hold the housing on are stripped. I tryed using a hex head but that did'ntt work. I was told that you need a special tool from Mack to remove these and also I willneed two new ones to replace these when removed.Has anyone else had this problem and where do I get the tools and screws to replace. Thanks so much for any help on this matter.

Thanks,

Corey B. Price

Music City Chapter ATHS President

Proclaiming JESUS as SAVIOR to Truckers and all the World!!!!

The bolts are encased, or moulded within the lamp housing itself. They are actually square headed. If they are spinning there really is little you can do except break the housing off of the truck, (use a hacksaw to weaken the housing) then grab the bolt heads with vice grip pliers and spin the nuts off the threads. The lamps themselves are common and can be had from Grote, Truck-Lite, etc.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The bolts are encased, or moulded within the lamp housing itself. They are actually square headed. If they are spinning there really is little you can do except break the housing off of the truck, (use a hacksaw to weaken the housing) then grab the bolt heads with vice grip pliers and spin the nuts off the threads. The lamps themselves are common and can be had from Grote, Truck-Lite, etc.

Rob

it aint the bolts on the light itself but the little screws in the fiberglass of the cab. They are up under the light kinda its the cab that where the light mounts is busted. Thanks.

Proclaiming JESUS as SAVIOR to Truckers and all the World!!!!