Ac 460 Or Ac 410?

Greg in ND

I farm in ND where it is nearly flat, no hills. I'm looking at trucks for my 41' grain hopper. Which would I like better: Both '04 Vision. One has 460 hp, 10 speed (FRLO16410C?), 3.70 ratio. The other 410 hp, 13 spd Fuller, 3.55 ratio? I will be leaving grain fields loaded at 80,000 gross and sometimes more. I may take an occasional load of alfalfa to central Mn, but 95% would be wheat & soybeans, hauled to the local elevator 20 miles away.

Go with the 13sp, you will be happier. Some will tell you on here that the extra heat generated by the additional 50hp of the 460 is what causes a lot of the problems in 04-07 year(s).

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Could it be so simple as turning the hp down to 410?

Different turbo and injectors in the two engines. You might be able to turn the 460 down to a 427 with nothing more than a download. Most all ASET AC engines are exactly the same, just different turbo, injectors and download change the HP level.

I farm in ND where it is nearly flat, no hills. I'm looking at trucks for my 41' grain hopper. Which would I like better: Both '04 Vision. One has 460 hp, 10 speed (FRLO16410C?), 3.70 ratio. The other 410 hp, 13 spd Fuller, 3.55 ratio? I will be leaving grain fields loaded at 80,000 gross and sometimes more. I may take an occasional load of alfalfa to central Mn, but 95% would be wheat & soybeans, hauled to the local elevator 20 miles away.

If you will be pulling from out of the field, off road performance should be the deciding factor. Both transmissions are 1.0 in 9th gear. Overdrive in the 10 is about .74, the 13 is .87. Gear reduction in the low side would probably be better with the 10 speed. Go to the Road Ranger home page, and pull up the gear charts for both. The site has a really good road speed calculator, located under tools you can use. Enter the specs from both trucks at about 1600rpm.

If you will be pulling from out of the field, off road performance should be the deciding factor. Both transmissions are 1.0 in 9th gear. Overdrive in the 10 is about .74, the 13 is .87. Gear reduction in the low side would probably be better with the 10 speed. Go to the Road Ranger home page, and pull up the gear charts for both. The site has a really good road speed calculator, located under tools you can use. Enter the specs from both trucks at about 1600rpm.

Thanks for the input, guys!