Is Compressor Working Ok

doe70

gday, i havnt had any problems with it as yet but wondering what the desired compression ratio is on b model, after starting - takes one minute to build to 30psi, then second minute is at 60psi and after 3 mins is about 88-92psi. is this about right or maybe a tad slow? thought id seen the build up rate somewhere, wondering if needed to think of new comp down the track.

cheers ellis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ellis, Are you getting any oil in your air tanks, it does sound slow but the govneror may be playing up, holding the unloader valve open or the unloader maybe leaking Gearbox

DOT Requirment here in canada is 60-90 psi in 3 minutes!As far as I am concerned even that is to slow.

Hi Ellis, Are you getting any oil in your air tanks, it does sound slow but the govneror may be playing up, holding the unloader valve open or the unloader maybe leaking Gearbox

DOT Requirment here in canada is 60-90 psi in 3 minutes!As far as I am concerned even that is to slow.

ive replaced main tank with another and is still clean, very little to notice in any but havnt done any miles so to speak as yet, awaiting rego inspection, ill wait till then and put some kms on it and see how clean tanks are.

cheers ellis