Regulator/govenor

leversole

Started the truck last night...piddling around letting it get warm, noticed the shutters were open? Got up in the cab and noticed the air pressure was about 30 and not climbing...I shut the engine off, looked under the hood and heard the govenor leaking air. As it was dark and late I will look at it this evening...my question is, are these things normally rebuildable, I would think it is just a spring, valve, and some ports.

I would think that when the pressure overcomes the spring pressure, it opens a port, bleeds off the air in the the valve line, thereby unloading the compressor, so maye the valve is stuck open and not letting the compressor build pressure?!? Correct?

Thanks

Started the truck last night...piddling around letting it get warm, noticed the shutters were open? Got up in the cab and noticed the air pressure was about 30 and not climbing...I shut the engine off, looked under the hood and heard the govenor leaking air. As it was dark and late I will look at it this evening...my question is, are these things normally rebuildable, I would think it is just a spring, valve, and some ports.

I would think that when the pressure overcomes the spring pressure, it opens a port, bleeds off the air in the the valve line, thereby unloading the compressor, so maye the valve is stuck open and not letting the compressor build pressure?!? Correct?

Thanks

Air governors are cheap (between $15- $35 depending on where you buy) and no core charge., so they are not worth rebuilding. Don't forget to troubleshoot though. Stuck unloader valve in the compressor or a pinhole leak in the air lines could give the same symptoms.

Gregg