Mack Engine Question..

I have been around Macks all my life. With that being said I still really dont know what model is which when it comes to motors. Only ones Im sure of are the E6 and E7 4v's..lol. I always just called em 2 valve motors. My old Mack has a 2v 300?? 285? and I have a spare motor which is a 235 (237) that was made in 86. So can anybody fill me in on what the differences in the 673, 675 and 676 etc would be? Thanks in advance.

I have been around Macks all my life. With that being said I still really dont know what model is which when it comes to motors. Only ones Im sure of are the E6 and E7 4v's..lol. I always just called em 2 valve motors. My old Mack has a 2v 300?? 285? and I have a spare motor which is a 235 (237) that was made in 86. So can anybody fill me in on what the differences in the 673, 675 and 676 etc would be? Thanks in advance.

All the 673 engines were Thermodynes,they started out at 170 hp and made it to 190 hp. for the non turbo ones,and 205,225 and 250 for the turbo'd.The only 673 to have an aftercooler/tip turbine set up was the ETAZ673,known as the 300 plus that came out in '75,rated at 315 hp.

The 675(237hp) and 676(283hp) were Maxidynes.The 676 was known as the 300 series,introduced in '73 with the aftercooler and tip turbine set up.

There was also a 678,which was the first 350 hp,it also used the aftercooler/tip turbine was came out in 1980.