Progress On My St. Louis City '68 R608F Pumper

convoyduel

Here's a few pictures of before and "after". I'm not done, but it's coming along.

That new paint sure looks good - what is under the hood?

I saw a couple of retired St. Louis Mack firetrucks a few years ago at a fire department owned storage lot located off Goodfellow, just south of Natural Bridge.

Did this come from there?

That new paint sure looks good - what is under the hood?

I saw a couple of retired St. Louis Mack firetrucks a few years ago at a fire department owned storage lot located off Goodfellow, just south of Natural Bridge.

Did this come from there?

No, this one went to the St. Louis City Parks department as a riverfront flush truck in 1990 until 2000 then to a junkyard off of Broadway by O'Fallon Park in north St. Louis City where I got it from. There were 12 identical units ordered in '68 (S/N's 1004-1015). This one is 1006. The City still has one in storage at that facility you mentioned, but it has a bum engine. One's scrapped out in a junkyard in Alton, another collector here has one in pieces in St. Clair. The other 8 ended up down in Alabama and Mississippi.

The truck has a 707C gas with a 5 speed direct. The pump is a 1000 Waterous but is stuck.