Unitized Steer Hub Removel..help.

QCDriver

Could anyone that has done this please share how you removed the hub.

I'm replacing the hub and was praying that I might get lucky. Well that didn't work.

I cannot break the hub free. I DO NOT have a cross block puller to do the job right.

Could anyone share on how you got yours free?

I have read the Meritor pdf. on R&R, but kinda stuck without puller, as I see it.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

We at freightliner built a latrge press that would bolt on to 4 lug bolts and then use a 20 ton bottle jack and lay side ways between the axle splinde end and against the inside of the press. Some times they are at least the early ones was very hard to get off.We have had to cut them around the brh race to loosen up.Many of those hubs came off of the truck going down the road.

glenn akers

We at freightliner built a latrge press that would bolt on to 4 lug bolts and then use a 20 ton bottle jack and lay side ways between the axle splinde end and against the inside of the press. Some times they are at least the early ones was very hard to get off.We have had to cut them around the brh race to loosen up.Many of those hubs came off of the truck going down the road.

Thanks I think I did something simular with bottle jack. It's off.