2001 Mack Cx613 Vision

im looking at a 2001 Mack CX613 Vision, 460HP ,13 Speed ,80" Double Sleeper 100th anny edition, it has only 496105 miles on it but its in showroom condition inside and out. I have never looked at macks before so could use some help also if someone owns one like this how much does it weigh mack dealers all have a differing opion of the actual weight thanks for any insite

im looking at a 2001 Mack CX613 Vision, 460HP ,13 Speed ,80" Double Sleeper 100th anny edition, it has only 496105 miles on it but its in showroom condition inside and out. I have never looked at macks before so could use some help also if someone owns one like this how much does it weigh mack dealers all have a differing opion of the actual weight thanks for any insite

Sounds like a find if you are happy with the price. The biggest issue with this vintage was the camshaft. With almost 500k I would bet it has been done already. If the truck looks good, then probably well maintained as well. I own a 2000 CX as you can see in my avatar pic. Tractor with wetline and full fuel tanks (270 gallons) tipping just over 20,000 lbs. I have owned mine since new and have been very satisfied with this truck. Now has 1,116,000 miles and still ticking like a timex.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

you have found my old truck! LOL

i owned the same truck a couple years ago and i do miss it. as stated the most common problem was the cam, which at 500k has been replaced i'm sure. they also had a problem with the original turbo, which has been replaced also and some had problems with the computer, which mine had.

i was the second owner, purchased the truck with 345k and it had 720k when i got rid of it. all the "problems" had been fixed and i had only a couple problems with it.

they were... the computer, which mack warrantied, one turbo and the radiator.

one other problem the cx's have is high under hood temps. i cured mine by putting a couple of those aftermarket stick on hood scoops(mounted backwards) on and cutting out the hood under them to allow air to enter. then i bought two chrome louvered side air intakes for a CH and cut out the hood above the front fenders on the side and put them on.

this lowered the engine coolant temp by almost 10deg. and extended my coolant hose life by over a year.

another thing you will want to do, and it's probably due, is to replace the front 2 leaf springs with a 3 leaf setup.

this improved the ride and handling on mine a hundred fold!

• Like 1