E9-700 Turbo

Diddle

A quick question guys,Ive been seraching several different turbo sites for a suitable turbo upgrade for my 89 superliner,it has a E9-500 v8 in it & is currently running a 525 turbo it goes really well but Im after more hp.Ive seen several places have all the different types for a e9 motors right from e9 400s to whats listed as a E9-700.My question is has any body got a e9 -700 turbo on the truck and it this a worth while up grade.Thanx any help would be appreciated

Thanx Darrell

Edited by Diddle

Hey bobo no havent changed the timing its running 28psi boost also.My dad has a CL mack with the inline pump running a 610 turbo & mucked with the timing & fuel a bit and that goes really well,Got 698hp at the wheels on its last dyno run over 5 years ago now,it doesnt do much work his truck but hasnt given any problems set up like it is.I did notice its running about 32psi boost on cold nights or early mornings & just below 30psi on a normal warm day,thanx guys any info on that e-9 700 turbo be great.

I just got a turbo off a RVI 560/610hp for $150cdn. I took it apart when I got it, its brand new! THE BEST $150 I'VE EVER SPENT! with the 525turbo Did you have to adv. the timing to make it work better?

Me and Dan are running Holset 4C turbos. I think they are for a Cummins N-14 444 or 460 hp. I ran a Mack turbo for years that was for a Aussie 610 and I will never run this turbo again. It was a disaster. I think the last four numbers in the Mack part number was 5134 or 5124 I can't remember but my engineer buddy at Hagerstown told me that turbo was a piece of junk. It built good boost, more than the stock turbo, but it made my engine run hot. It could not get rid of the exhaust fast enough. The turbine is too small for the compressor. Water temps and pyro temps went out the roof. I had to baby it everwhere. The Aussie turbos are for low end torque like an EM6 300 with a 6 speed. If you want to build horsepower in an E9 go with a Holset 4C, HT 60 or HT 80 and find you a good injection pump man who can build you a hot pump with a set of injectors to match and you'll be king of the road.

What is the difference between the 4c turbo (holset i assume?) than the H5ca? I bought an H5ca for my e9 to use for truck pulling and cant even spin it. I made no boost what so ever first time out. Wow did i look like an idiot! I guess i need tons more fuel than i have to spin it.

Out of curiousity what r the housing #'s on that 4c? I know Jerry at "Young and Sons" in Indianapolis can hook me up if I get him the right numbers.

Was the stock turbo giving u guys problems? I know i'm using mine for a different purpose, but i am making 50 psi out of the stocker and the pyros not even getting hot all.

My E9 is at 2:40 in the video. our 6 cyl is at 3:18.

Later ~Joe~

guy's the 610 turbo's are junk.be prepared for fins in your intercoolers!we were getting less than 1500 hrs out of them on light and heavy applications. they are crap switch too holset 4c's as soon as you can! these turbo's were shit over here in australia and they aint gunna be any better in the states, we have been running 4c's on our e9's for years producing huge horsepower and haven't had one fail yet and thats after 17,000hrs so as bubbamobilin said switch em out and get ya pump's done, and get away from the inline pump too they will cost you big buck's eventually . V pump all the way. i got 7 inline pumps rooted in the shed and we use one for a doorstop. the 610 plus the inline pump were the demise of the v8 in a lot of peoples minds......euro inspired junk!

• Like 1

What is the difference between the 4c turbo (holset i assume?) than the H5ca? I bought an H5ca for my e9 to use for truck pulling and cant even spin it. I made no boost what so ever first time out. Wow did i look like an idiot! I guess i need tons more fuel than i have to spin it.

Out of curiousity what r the housing #'s on that 4c? I know Jerry at "Young and Sons" in Indianapolis can hook me up if I get him the right numbers.

Was the stock turbo giving u guys problems? I know i'm using mine for a different purpose, but i am making 50 psi out of the stocker and the pyros not even getting hot all.

My E9 is at 2:40 in the video. our 6 cyl is at 3:18.

Later ~Joe~

I'm not sure what a H5ca is but I know a Holset 4C is a bad boy. Stay away from the 610(5134) turbo. That thing spooled up real fast. It started making power around 1100 rpm and by 1600 rpm it was played out. I wouldn't recommend it for a pulling application or a over the road truck. I've heard of people blowing that 610 turbo up on hot E7 400's. For a pulling truck you might need a HT80. My engineer friend says a HT 80 is a 4C on steroids!