Mack Parts

Deere 1

if this was my truck i wouldnt put head bolts from another mfg. mack only expecially if the heads are new or remaned with warr. i would call watts mack and talk to them they are cheaper than the mack parts/dealers around here on there parts. this is just my opinionon the head bolts.. joe

Can anyone tell me a place to get mack parts aftermarket or a little cheaper than from the dealer? I am looking for head bolts for a 1990 ch613 with 300 mack.

Thanks, Lee

I have to agree with joe's mack. I would prefer using the Mack OEM head bolts personally. For new bolts you might try PAI parts. If used head bolts will do, try a local scrap yard. Make sure that you correctly identify the engine series (E6 or E7) when buying your parts. The E6 uses 5/8" UNC threaded head bolts, the E7 uses 16mm 1.5 threaded head bolts. The differences in the two thread types are not obvious if not closely inspected. The engine data tag on the valve cover should tell you what engine series yours is. If the tag is missing, the E6 has two stamped steel plates bolted to the block on the right side of the engine behind the fuel pump, the E7 does not.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

The only non-factory bolts that I would even consider are from ARP. They probably don't stock "Mack" bolts but I would bet they have the same size and just as tough.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Thanks for the bolt info. It does raise a couple more questions for me though. Have you guys had any luck putting used head bolts on and are the torque values and pattern the same on e6 and e7 engines. I have the values for a e7 engine. Im pretty green on these mack engines and appreciate all the info!

Thanks for the bolt info. It does raise a couple more questions for me though. Have you guys had any luck putting used head bolts on and are the torque values and pattern the same on e6 and e7 engines. I have the values for a e7 engine. Im pretty green on these mack engines and appreciate all the info!

Use the same sequence for an E6 but the final torque is 220 lb ft. Remember to lube the bolt threads, under the bolts head, and the washer with clean oil. You also need to align the heads across the exhaust ports within .005" using a straight edge.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"