What To Look For On 2001 Vision

Hey folks!! I am looking at getting back into trucking (been out a bit over year).

I have come across a 2001 Vision. It has the 460HP E-7 and an Eaton-Fuller 13 speed. The truck has about 875,000 miles on it.

What should I look for as far as problem areas on this truck? Is there typical issues??

Thanks for the advice!!

Bill

Hey folks!! I am looking at getting back into trucking (been out a bit over year).

I have come across a 2001 Vision. It has the 460HP E-7 and an Eaton-Fuller 13 speed. The truck has about 875,000 miles on it.

What should I look for as far as problem areas on this truck? Is there typical issues??

Thanks for the advice!!

Bill

See if a Mack Dealer can/will give you the warranty repair history on the truck. Typical issues would include turbo failures, cam failures, and exhaust leaks. At 875,ooo miles I would be looking at least at some EUP (unit pump) replacements if they haven't been done lately.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

See if a Mack Dealer can/will give you the warranty repair history on the truck. Typical issues would include turbo failures, cam failures, and exhaust leaks. At 875,ooo miles I would be looking at least at some EUP (unit pump) replacements if they haven't been done lately.

I mirror rhaslers response, i own and operate a 2001 CX-613,look real hard at the camshaft history! the only other on-going problem i have ever had with mine is with leaking coolant tanks, and air compressor regulators other tahn that mine has been nearly problem free, i'm right at 875,000 myself, and i really have no big complaints with mine............Mark

post-5836-090962800 1280717416_thumb.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I mirror rhaslers response, i own and operate a 2001 CX-613,look real hard at the camshaft history! the only other on-going problem i have ever had with mine is with leaking coolant tanks, and air compressor regulators other tahn that mine has been nearly problem free, i'm right at 875,000 myself, and i really have no big complaints with mine............Mark

Forgot about the coolant tanks, they have one piece steel tanks available now.

Forgot about the coolant tanks, they have one piece steel tanks available now.

Oh believe me that was the FIRST thing a changed when they became available! up till that point, when i got the steel tank i was on number 8 plastic tank! just thought i'd mention it if the truck he's looking at haddent been up graded ya' know????....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That's a good lookin ride Mark!!

Thanks for the info guys, I will get the VIN and check into it.

Are the replacement cams/turbo's better than the originals?

Bill

That's a good lookin ride Mark!!

Thanks for the info guys, I will get the VIN and check into it.

Are the replacement cams/turbo's better than the originals?

Bill

They've made significant improvements to the both parts that really has reduced the numberof repeat failures