Ramblings Of A Madman

has any one ever seen, a company that has a good product and reinvests most of its profits back into the company, because they beleive in it, and want to be the best at what they do.

only to be bought out by a giant corporation that runs their good reputation into the ground, then borrows every cent they can get, only to leave a debt ridden shell of the once great company that made something more important than money. that is to be discarded like a disposable rag when they cant ring anymore out of it.

in some rare instances i have seen the unfortunate people who depend on such, given the chance to purchace the debt ridden vessel and spend the rest of their lives trying to return it to its former glory.

i hope it works out that good.

the ramblings that go threw the mind of an old trucker waiting on a load..............

hi bigen i have been reading your posts for some time and agree with you on the giant corp ruining fine companies for asset stripping. i am in your neck of the woods tonight after del here in fulton mo i pu mon am in lemay mo south of st louis. heavy lds and lowish rates the order of the day my friend. this van freight can be sucky at times. but my puppy nack just runs fine so far . oh i did an alingment on it. i saw where a guy said to put a three leaf spring on front axle. i wonder. hope you get out of nd im sure you will.

hi bigen i have been reading your posts for some time and agree with you on the giant corp ruining fine companies for asset stripping. i am in your neck of the woods tonight after del here in fulton mo i pu mon am in lemay mo south of st louis. heavy lds and lowish rates the order of the day my friend. this van freight can be sucky at times. but my puppy nack just runs fine so far . oh i did an alingment on it. i saw where a guy said to put a three leaf spring on front axle. i wonder. hope you get out of nd im sure you will.

i wonder how the brokers seem 2 know where u live great rates going out then half price after that

Nothing exciting in North Dakota I see.

Many years ago, you got a good job with a good company. You stuck by them, they stuck by you. At the end, you recieved a gold watch to honor your service.

Investors were happy with a 2-4% return for the year.

THEN greed showed up. People wanted 10% or more. Companies were "forced" to reduce costs to satisfy the stockholders. Outsource some parts to different places that would be less expensive. By shutting a union factory in the USA, have it made in Mexico or China ,or wherever, plus pay shipping, product was still cheaper than being made here.

I am not bashing unions here, however, they have strong armed companies to some demands. Back in the hayday, it might have been OK as companies look to next week only. Look at GM, union contracts gave medical benefits to all family (I think) for LIFE. When the fit hit the shan, Gm still had an obligation to the former workers and such when only selling 100 cars a month. Simple math said it won't last long. Thus GM was in DC hat in hand.

You want money-go earn it. This extends to a different thread also.

Oh yeah-good morning

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I hear what you're saying! i moved to VA from NJ to be closer to my outbound freight, things were going along pretty good up until a few months ago, when one of my biggest customers (stanley furniture) closed-up their factory ( without any notice/warning ) put 530 people out of a job, in an already financially depressed area. Of course the plant relocated to mexico! time was when you gave a place your all, you had a job long as you wanted one, not so anymore! i have really had to scramble to try and get the paying freight i once had! i'm still doing the same amount of revenue/ work i was twenty years ago, for about the same money! none of my expenses have changed, still got bills to pay! the "little guy" is going away slowly but surely! the "big -box' mentality is taking over thats for sure,its price OVER quality now-adays...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.