Power Steering Reservoir

Hi, where does the power steer reservoir sit on an r700 with an 866? my reservoir has 3 hoses coming out of it to. 2x -6 and 1 x -10 and its a hfb 70 steering box I would have thought the -10 to pump, pump to box, box back to reservoir, whats the other hose for? and I must assume the reservoir must sit higher than the pump?

regards Grant

Hi, where does the power steer reservoir sit on an r700 with an 866? my reservoir has 3 hoses coming out of it to. 2x -6 and 1 x -10 and its a hfb 70 steering box I would have thought the -10 to pump, pump to box, box back to reservoir, whats the other hose for? and I must assume the reservoir must sit higher than the pump?

regards Grant

Best I can do with what is stored on this computer. Let me know if you need additional.

Photos of sectioning small area of cab on my R795.

Rob

post-78-094120800 1278514739_thumb.jpg

post-78-012162700 1278514741_thumb.jpg

post-78-024803400 1278514742_thumb.jpg

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Best I can do with what is stored on this computer. Let me know if you need additional.

Photos of sectioning small area of cab on my R795.

Rob

Hello, thank you. pics are fine, where does that third line go? you have 2 small ones and one large and I see its mounted lower than the pump.

Grant

Hello, thank you. pics are fine, where does that third line go? you have 2 small ones and one large and I see its mounted lower than the pump.

Grant

I'm home for supper right now and will go back out to the shop and snap a couple of photos for you. I have never looked at the lines. I know the pump is a "Vickers" vane type, (probably a V20 series) which is positive displacement but that is about it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm home for supper right now and will go back out to the shop and snap a couple of photos for you. I have never looked at the lines. I know the pump is a "Vickers" vane type, (probably a V20 series) which is positive displacement but that is about it.

Rob

Hello, no worries, thank you. i may have figured it out, will see if i am correct.

also the 2 small lines on the govener on the compressor, where do they go?

regards Grant