Fluid Capacities

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi all;

I'm going to be doing a few repairs on my 1945 EH.

I'm getting things in order to replace the input and output seals on the brownie,the pinion seal on the axle and re-fill the axle with 90W (Not sure about the 20W50 synthetic for this application),and both transmissions with 20W50 synthetic but I can't find out what the fluid capacities are.(Not listed in my books.) My transmission is a TR-51,the Brownie is a 6031 and the axle is listed as an RA-36. The main box and axle numbers are what they are referred to in my build sheet. I could figure it from what I drain out,but: A-the axle and the Brownie are probably pretty low,since they both leak like sieves,and B-I want to know before I start draining boxes so I can figure out how much of everything I'll need to save up for.

I'll also be doing some damage,I mean repairs to the rear brakes,so I'll probably need to find seals for the rear hubs too. once the brakes are working right,I'll put the radials on,and it should be about ready for work. Actually,it'll still need a wiper motor,but I might be able to set that up a little later.

Can't really afford to do all this right now,but I'll need the truck for some jobs my other trucks can't do pretty soon,so I figure I'll have to do it eventually,and it'll be better to start off with things working right. Any info you guys might have would sure be a great help.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Hi all;

I'm going to be doing a few repairs on my 1945 EH.

I'm getting things in order to replace the input and output seals on the brownie,the pinion seal on the axle and re-fill the axle with 90W (Not sure about the 20W50 synthetic for this application),and both transmissions with 20W50 synthetic but I can't find out what the fluid capacities are.(Not listed in my books.) My transmission is a TR-51,the Brownie is a 6031 and the axle is listed as an RA-36. The main box and axle numbers are what they are referred to in my build sheet. I could figure it from what I drain out,but: A-the axle and the Brownie are probably pretty low,since they both leak like sieves,and B-I want to know before I start draining boxes so I can figure out how much of everything I'll need to save up for.

I'll also be doing some damage,I mean repairs to the rear brakes,so I'll probably need to find seals for the rear hubs too. once the brakes are working right,I'll put the radials on,and it should be about ready for work. Actually,it'll still need a wiper motor,but I might be able to set that up a little later.

Can't really afford to do all this right now,but I'll need the truck for some jobs my other trucks can't do pretty soon,so I figure I'll have to do it eventually,and it'll be better to start off with things working right. Any info you guys might have would sure be a great help.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

I run 85W-90 gear lube in all the drive train components you've listed. I think if you purchase two five gallon buckets of the same you will not use all but is stores alright if covered so there is no loss. I don't know about your rear axle for sure but I think you will need between seven and eight gallons total to change the fluids mentioned.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.