74 Mack Rs600L Wiring Help

working on my mack I got everything ready for 1st fire batteries are charged so I hit the key switch and nothing did some probing no juice at the key switch but i got voltage going through frame any help would be appreciated

Are you saying that if you probe the frame with both the positive, and negative leads of your multimeter, you read a voltage? Time for a new meter if you do.

I don't think there is enough information conveyed to make any type of diagnosis.

Would like to help if possible but need more information.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

look for the start solinoid on the fire wall. Should be just below the drivers side windshield. jump the 2 larger terminals with a wrench. if the engine cranks that solinoid is bad or the wireing to it is bad.

:Note: dont stand in a puddle of water when doing this :End note:

look for the start solinoid on the fire wall. Should be just below the drivers side windshield. jump the 2 larger terminals with a wrench. if the engine cranks that solinoid is bad or the wireing to it is bad.

:Note: dont stand in a puddle of water when doing this :End note:

Hi Trent, with no power at the ignition switch, he cannot pull that contactor in. The problem is probably between the battery terminals and starter solenoid, the solenoid and the terminal block on the cab firewall, or the terminal block to the ignition switch. I'll bet he has voltage sitting on the contactor, just can't pull it in to power the truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.