It's Official Now...

Hey Guys,

Well, I have been lurking around here for a few months as a non-truck owner. Yesterday, I purchased a 1958 Mack B-42 single axle. It is still a gasser, but the guy is giving me a bunch of parts with the truck to be able to swap in a diesel. The body on the truck is really solid, everything about the truck is in pretty good shape--despite a few oil leaks and a rust hole in the exhaust pipe. The truck has a duplex trans---not sure if it has overdrive. I didn't check the rear ratio either, but the seller said he had it up to 50mph. The truck was on e-bay and had ended up with no bids. I wanted to look at the truck before I would have placed a bid, but couldn't make it down there before the auction ended. Here is the e-bay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Unfortunately, I couldn't bring the truck home yet for the reason I had no tag to put on it and to tow it two hours would probably be more then I want to spend. I had applied for a "repair tag" at my shop. I can put this tag on (almost) any vehicle and legally drive it . So hopefully the tag arrives within a few weeks then I can bring home the little B.

Originally, I was looking for a Mack B wrecker. But, they always seemed to be overpriced and the wrecker bodys were way outdated. My plans for the truck are to put a newer wrecker body on the back. The type of wrecker body with the under-reach wheel lift. Then I would have the coolest tow truck in town. Not that I really need a lot of towing done at the shop. But, everyone seems to notice a Mack B and it would be good advertising. I don't plan on driving this truck in the winter. When the roads are covered in salt, someone else can tow in a vehicle.

Mark

70 XR-7 460 C-6

69 SS 351c 2v AOD

70 XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX

69 Sunroof Eliminator 351w 4v FMX

69 XR-7 390 4v C-6

68 Monterey fastback 390 4v C-6

68 Monterey conv 390 4v C-6

58 Monterey Phaeton Sedan 383 Merc-O

58 Parklane Phaeton Coupe 430 Multi-D

78 Bronco Ranger XLT TS 351m C-6

78 F-150 Ranger Lariat 460 C-6

79 Bronco Custom 351m C-6

75 C-700 Bucket Truck 330 AT-540

58 Mack B-42 EN401 Duplex

p.s. when I said I was a non truck owner yet list the Ford C-700 in my signiture, it is because I am still waiting on the repair-tag to pick that truck up too----geez louise.