Hello From Sc

peelermack

Hello everyone,

I recently aquired a '69 R 600 I have known all my life. From '69 to '82 she was used at a lumber co. to pull a flat bed & shavings trailers. In fact my dad & I hauled the last load of lumber from the lumber co. in this truck in '82 when the lumber co. was closed & auctioned. Our local volunteer FD bought the truck, streched the frame and installed a duece & 1/2 body with a 1000 gallon tank. So, since '82 the ol' girl has been tucked away inside the station. Recently, it was decided to retire her so here I am. Hope to ditch the tanker body soon, shorten the frame back to original length and get rid of the lime green paint. I am not an avid poster but have found these boards invaluable with doing tractor restoration. I look foward to participating.

Here are a couple of pics. One of me sitting on the fender when I was 5. And the other of the truck in my shed.

post-6262-044172800 1276738922_thumb.jpg

post-6262-047687600 1276739002_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

I recently aquired a '69 R 600 I have known all my life. From '69 to '82 she was used at a lumber co. to pull a flat bed & shavings trailers. In fact my dad & I hauled the last load of lumber from the lumber co. in this truck in '82 when the lumber co. was closed & auctioned. Our local volunteer FD bought the truck, streched the frame and installed a duece & 1/2 body with a 1000 gallon tank. So, since '82 the ol' girl has been tucked away inside the station. Recently, it was decided to retire her so here I am. Hope to ditch the tanker body soon, shorten the frame back to original length and get rid of the lime green paint. I am not an avid poster but have found these boards invaluable with doing tractor restoration. I look foward to participating.

Here are a couple of pics. One of me sitting on the fender when I was 5. And the other of the truck in my shed.

post-6262-044172800 1276738922_thumb.jpg

post-6262-047687600 1276739002_thumb.jpg

That my friend is a nice story. Also welcome to the site. Plenty of help to be had here along with just a tad bit of bullshit for fun.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That is a nice story,i sure love to see these type pictures and here peoples stories concerning their history, welcome to the site! and as rob said, be prepared for a little good natured BS now and then!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Welcome to the zoo.

I think all of us here are trying to re-live our youth, thats why we put so much effort into restoring these trucks.

BUT, we still get old and can't sleep thru the nite, what we used to do all nite now takes all nite to do.

PS-make sure the truck is full of fuel

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian