Novice Enquiry:

manxman

I can't remember who makes them, but the filters I used/seen were on large industrial (Cat, Ingersoll, etc) engines.

The reason was to remove carbon chunks from the oil.

The only 'filter' was a paper liner than was put on the inner, outside of the filter.

Just made it easier to clean the housing.

Would I put them on a truck?

Nope.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

when were they used, on what, and how much and where can I get one? Oh, and are the cartridges still available at a reasonable price?

Mack used the Centrimax centrifugal oil filter from the introduction of the E7 PLN (manual and electronic inline pumps) through the MP7 US04 Emission engines. There are several variations of the filter now, I can count 5, but there may be more. I believe the Mack filter is made by Mann & Hummel, but there are several filter manufacturers that also ssell them (Fleetguard, Baldwin, etc.).

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Mack used the Centrimax centrifugal oil filter from the introduction of the E7 PLN (manual and electronic inline pumps) through the MP7 US04 Emission engines. There are several variations of the filter now, I can count 5, but there may be more. I believe the Mack filter is made by Mann & Hummel, but there are several filter manufacturers that also ssell them (Fleetguard, Baldwin, etc.).

I cant speak for the bolt on ones!But!

You can buy the mack style cartrage at Napa as well! Also not being an arse but the centramax was introduced on the 4 valve E6.The best thing since sliced bread for getting crap out of the oil ,in my opinion Iv'e seen em pluged solid with goo!

Yet another good Idea thrown out the window by the Volvo people! If they didn't think of it its not a good idea! Its really to bad these guys didn't take a good look at what they inherited and examine the some of the good property's and ideas that were incorporated in it!

You can buy them at Napa as well! Also not being an arse but the centramax was introduced on the 4 valve E6.The best thing since sliced bread for getting crap out of the oil ,in my opinion

Yet another good Idea thrown out the window by the Volvo people! If they didn't think of it its not a good idea! Its really to bad these guys didn't take a good look at what they inherited and examine the some of the good property's and ideas that were incorporated in it!

It did start with the E6. I think the reason they aren't used on the MP series engines is that there isn't enough room for them, or maybe it was because they couldn't come up with a way for it to break and set a fault code every other day!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

From the stories I've heard, the new DPF equipped MP's never actually run long enough to get the oil dirty, so a centrifugal filter is no longer necessary.

Yet another Good call Herb!

:lol:

We actually been finally having deceant luck for the most part with the few that have been sold here!

The Asset was away more touble for longer, when it came out!