Been laying under the truck for no apparent reason just looking around,scraping some grease off and realized that everything underneath is orange,frame,axles,springs,tranny,bumper,wheels all orange except for the sheet metal and that was green.I sent to the Mack museum so maybe they will tell me what company ordered it in green and orange.I love old trucks and old trucking companies and have a neat old photo album that my mom put together when dad drove for Yankee Lines out of Akron,Ohio.It has tons of Mack pictures and I hope to post some later on...Jim

Been laying under the truck for no apparent reason just looking around,scraping some grease off and realized that everything underneath is orange,frame,axles,springs,tranny,bumper,wheels all orange except for the sheet metal and that was green.I sent to the Mack museum so maybe they will tell me what company ordered it in green and orange.I love old trucks and old trucking companies and have a neat old photo album that my mom put together when dad drove for Yankee Lines out of Akron,Ohio.It has tons of Mack pictures and I hope to post some later on...Jim

Jim,sure like to see some of the pictures you talked about,i like those "when they were new" pictures....my familys been in,under,or around trucks a LONG time,i have a lot of pictures through the years myself........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My 57 B61T is the same way with the orange paint everywhere. It is even inside the hub cavities on the steer axle which are Budd hubs. I'm thinking the orange is a primer as there are paint pen marks under the black paint the running gear is. The truck sheet metal was originally red.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.