Tested Out My Gantry Crane Tonight:

Rob

Got my air hoses and fittings rigged up for the air powered hoist on the gantry crane so wanted to lift something substantial. Don't really have a good way to lift a truck as of yet, (haven't got my spreader bar finished) so I grabbed my Detroit V-12 that is strapped to a pallet. Hoist didn't even wimper and I was surprised how much finess can be obtained with this thing supporting almost two tons. I think I could set an engine into a truck frame and ease it into position without much effort. I do need to run a 1/2" airline to it however. The 3/8ths line slows down due to restriction and not free flowing enough. My 3/4" impact gun does the same thing.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Got my air hoses and fittings rigged up for the air powered hoist on the gantry crane so wanted to lift something substantial. Don't really have a good way to lift a truck as of yet, (haven't got my spreader bar finished) so I drove my crane across the corn field and grabbed me a Peterbilt that I found at the truckstop while the driver was at the buffet.Just ran a chain through the windows,figuring it wouldn't matter with a Pete. Hoist didn't even wimper and I was surprised how much finess can be obtained with this thing supporting over 15 tons. I think I could set an engine into a truck frame and ease it into position without much effort. I do need to run a 1/2" airline to it however. The 3/8ths line slows down due to restriction and not free flowing enough. My 3/4" impact gun does the same thing.

Rob

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.