N.c. B-67

other dog

I took a load of pipes down to Pineville, N.C. last night and picked up a load of rebars just north of Charlotte this morning. I saw a red Superliner pulling a feed trailer on I-40 and when I got on rt. 158 I saw a B-model and a red R-model sitting on a flatbed trailer somewhere around Walkertown. Didn't get any pictures of them, they caught me by surprise.

However, I did check the google earth street view about where I saw the B and R model and found this B-model. Not sure if this is the one I saw on the trailer or not, but it probably is. Looked like a big junk yard back off the road behind where it's sitting in the google earth view.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I was down in Louisville, KY Monday and coming home I passed a good looking old R model(with lil bunk) pulling a flatbed running down rt71. Single stack, red, nice looking unit.

Shoulda thrown my camera in with me, but didn't.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I took a load of pipes down to Pineville, N.C. last night and picked up a load of rebars just north of Charlotte this morning. I saw a red Superliner pulling a feed trailer on I-40 and when I got on rt. 158 I saw a B-model and a red R-model sitting on a flatbed trailer somewhere around Walkertown. Didn't get any pictures of them, they caught me by surprise.

However, I did check the google earth street view about where I saw the B and R model and found this B-model. Not sure if this is the one I saw on the trailer or not, but it probably is. Looked like a big junk yard back off the road behind where it's sitting in the google earth view.

Tom, these are literally right down the street from me. When I get the time, I'll take a ride out and see if they're still there. See about taking some 'better' pics of them too. Thanks for posting these pics.....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Tom, these are literally right down the street from me. When I get the time, I'll take a ride out and see if they're still there. See about taking some 'better' pics of them too. Thanks for posting these pics.....Mark

They were right on 158 a little ways below the Sheetz store I believe. They'd be on your left headed towards Winston-Salem,by the edge of some woods. Easier to see going towards Reidsville,but they're not far past the stoplight at Sheetz best I can recall. There's an old International 2 ton there too backed up into the woods-or it was.I hope they weren't loaded up to be junked as they looked to be in good shape,best I could tell just passing by.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

They were right on 158 a little ways below the Sheetz store I believe. They'd be on your left headed towards Winston-Salem,by the edge of some woods. Easier to see going towards Reidsville,but they're not far past the stoplight at Sheetz best I can recall. There's an old International 2 ton there too backed up into the woods-or it was.I hope they weren't loaded up to be junked as they looked to be in good shape,best I could tell just passing by.

I get a chance,i'll run down there this weekend,see if they are still there,maybe see what i can find out............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.