Air Con On 866

Hi, where does one mount an air con compressor on an 866? I am using a vintage air, air con system behind the dash on this one. and where do the heater hoses get taken from?

thanks

regards Grant

Hi, where does one mount an air con compressor on an 866? I am using a vintage air, air con system behind the dash on this one. and where do the heater hoses get taken from?

thanks

regards Grant

Lower rt. front of the engine driven from the crankshaft sheave. I'll grab you some photos in a couple of hours when I'm at the shop.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Lower rt. front of the engine driven from the crankshaft sheave. I'll grab you some photos in a couple of hours when I'm at the shop.

Rob

Hello, no worries, thank you, so it runs direct off crank shaft then?

its getting there. I cut the cab brace off to, will make again with exhaust there, have sorted the exhaust out now.

the bolts at back of cab, I take it there to mount the exhaust? there is 2 1/2 bolts on either side about 3/4 up the cab. I am running twin 5inch straight through stacks, 5 inch off engine and then into twin 5s.

Grant

its getting there. I cut the cab brace off to, will make again with exhaust there, have sorted the exhaust out now.

the bolts at back of cab, I take it there to mount the exhaust? there is 2 1/2 bolts on either side about 3/4 up the cab. I am running twin 5inch straight through stacks, 5 inch off engine and then into twin 5s.

Grant

I've seen the exhaust bands that encircle the mufflers bolted there as mine are and also a bracket the bolts through the rain gutter at the top.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Grant

Hi Grant, I told you wrong on the A/C drive. The 866 engine drives the compressor from the auxilary shaft on the rt. front of the engine. I confused trucks......

Here are a few photos. Also the heater hoses pickup on the discharge, and inlet housing of the water pump. You can see this in the photos also.

Rob

post-78-127518369217_thumb.jpg

post-78-127518370232_thumb.jpg

post-78-127518370972_thumb.jpg

post-78-127518371841_thumb.jpg

post-78-127518372718_thumb.jpg

post-78-127518373502_thumb.jpg

post-78-127518374426_thumb.jpg

Hi Grant, I told you wrong on the A/C drive. The 866 engine drives the compressor from the auxilary shaft on the rt. front of the engine. I confused trucks......

Here are a few photos. Also the heater hoses pickup on the discharge, and inlet housing of the water pump. You can see this in the photos also.

Rob

Hello, I see, thank you, so it looks like I need a pulley, and a gear maybe? to run that air con. I assume its all ready inside the motor, I just need to get the outer drive assembly. would this be correct?

Grant

Hello, I see, thank you, so it looks like I need a pulley, and a gear maybe? to run that air con. I assume its all ready inside the motor, I just need to get the outer drive assembly. would this be correct?

Grant

I've never had an 866 apart so don't really know. I'll look into the service manuals for an exploded parts breakdown this afternoon.

Rob

I've never had an 866 apart so don't really know. I'll look into the service manuals for an exploded parts breakdown this afternoon.

Rob

Hello, the book I have shows a heap of parts, but doesnt say if I can just pop the cover off and put it all on. I would expect that is the case? if not I may have to run a small pulley off crank?

Grant

Hello, the book I have shows a heap of parts, but doesnt say if I can just pop the cover off and put it all on. I would expect that is the case? if not I may have to run a small pulley off crank?

Grant

It looks as if you may need to get the stub shaft and gear that is driven from an existing gear. I don't know if the original cover is sealed with a plug that can be removed, or is blank that would require boring for a support bearing, retainer, and seal.

Rob

It looks as if you may need to get the stub shaft and gear that is driven from an existing gear. I don't know if the original cover is sealed with a plug that can be removed, or is blank that would require boring for a support bearing, retainer, and seal.

Rob

I have mack Australia onto it now, they said that system wasnt set up here, and to just run it straight off the crank. I think I prefer your system. hopefully they can find something?

Grant

I have mack Australia onto it now, they said that system wasnt set up here, and to just run it straight off the crank. I think I prefer your system. hopefully they can find something?

Grant

I think my "parts engine" has that setup also but I'll have to look. Won't be back to the shop till this afternoon.

How long before you will be in Chicago again?

Rob

I think my "parts engine" has that setup also but I'll have to look. Won't be back to the shop till this afternoon.

How long before you will be in Chicago again?

Rob

Hi, i will be there in a couple of months or so. will be for good next time, just have to get this thing together and running for the boat trip.

am heading to melbourne tomorrow in a B double, will be back home next sunday.

Grant