I Need Some Help On A Detriot Deisel

Littlerig, 8V 71's gona do that, especially if you let them idle too long. It also depends how many hrs. are on the motor?the more wear on it the more often that will happen. Also if there is a lot of oil comming out of the tube? the motor could run away on you, esp. if you let idle for more then 1/2 hour or more and you go to push the accel. it will run off of that motor oil that's comming out of that tube! could go 6 to 8000 rpm's an just destroy itself! Here's what I always check on the Detroit 2 cycle on top of the V motor is the blower Detroit call's it a scavenger blower take off the air inlet pipe there should be a Emergency shut off gates or flapper's pull the emg. cable there should be a spring loaded clip on like a cam lobe just make sure all that stuff work's freely both gate's open an close an so on I'm not trying to put the fear of GOD in you but if you do let it idle for a long period of time before you hit the fuel ped. put the trans into the higest gear then if it should run away on you , pull the emergency shut down and slip the clutch MAKE SURE YOUR BRAKES ARE LOCKED

Ernie BULLHUSK

Littlerig,I guess I shoulda asked what motor it is? I just assumed it's a 2 cycle sorry, Ernie

Yea sounds like it could be the old 8.2 non turbo 4 cycle v8. They were pretty popular in the early-late 80's in medium duty trucks (along with the CAT 3208).

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

And here we have the answer- Why do they call Detroit's "road oilers?

I like that one ROAD OILER. It is an 8.2 non turbo 4 stroke, but she does scream and when it screams she blows the oil. I had a guy pull up beside me and flick me off because i sprayed oil all over is white car. It's wierd it blows oil out at a certain RPM mainly around 2500-3000. :banana:

ARE YOU SURE THAT IT ISNT FUEL NOT OIL. ARE YOU USING ALOT OF OIL . WOULD THINK THAT YOU WOULD SEE ALOT OF BLUE SMOKE IF IT IS OIL.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Y'all got a problem for sure. Too many parts can get washed out and fail, if they haven't done so already

Big question is where to start. Good luck

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian