Filling Transmission

bigdawg71

Drivers side, underneath, bout right under door hinge area. Mine needs a 1/2 inch ratchet head (square) and a little extension to loosen. It is in a tough area to see if lots of road debris. Mine also has a round flange type thing re; type of oil to use.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Drivers side, underneath, bout right under door hinge area. Mine needs a 1/2 inch ratchet head (square) and a little extension to loosen. It is in a tough area to see if lots of road debris. Mine also has a round flange type thing re; type of oil to use.

Sounds like you've got an Eaton Fuller trans that's filled with synthetic lube. If he has a Mack T200 series trans it'll be the large plug on the passenger side of the case.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

• 2 months later...

well one hopes the transmission fluid would be in the tranny.

seriously though if its an automatic (I can't remember if manuals have a dipstick) there should be a dipstick accessible from the engine compartment. Look for a yellow or red ring handle near the engine similar to the one for your oil dipstick. Your owners manual should have a diagram of exactly where things are at and the proper method to check fluids and refill them. :chili::banana: :banana: :chili: