Mack Truck Information

Does anyone know where to look to decode the VIN for a Mack? My father has one on his property and there's no paperwork. I want to be able to describe what model truck he has so we can register it or sell it. Reason the paperwork is missing, my father is 78 years old, with COPD, has lots of autos and trucks legally with papers, but where in his house to find them is still a mystery to us all. I tried to get the year/model from the DMV website, they have a smog section to check a vehicle last smog, and it doesn't have that truck in the system for a smog. Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you for you time.

VIN: RL767LST24307

MODEL: RL767RST

Does anyone know where to look to decode the VIN for a Mack? My father has one on his property and there's no paperwork. I want to be able to describe what model truck he has so we can register it or sell it. Reason the paperwork is missing, my father is 78 years old, with COPD, has lots of autos and trucks legally with papers, but where in his house to find them is still a mystery to us all. I tried to get the year/model from the DMV website, they have a smog section to check a vehicle last smog, and it doesn't have that truck in the system for a smog. Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thank you for you time.

VIN: RL767LST24307

MODEL: RL767RST

Nice truck you have there. Its a long hood R model the precursor to the superliner. As far as decoding the VIN dont bother all you need to find is the rear/front axle capacity along with the engine and transmission info. The engine should have a name plate on it and the tranny as well You could even go by the shift plate in the cab to see the model). The axles have numbers on them that someone here will have a better idea where to find them and how to read them. Other then that just describe the condition miles and condition of brakes and tires.

BTW, where are you located and what might you be asking for it. Some pictures would be great too.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!