237 Engine Number?

doe70

gday, have just looked at engine number, no problems finding it and is clear except whether one is a G or number, guess what im wondering - do the 237 no's generally have a letter in them. mine is 673C-9G1639. thought it was a 6 but sure its not? any info appreciated.

cheers

gday, have just looked at engine number, no problems finding it and is clear except whether one is a G or number, guess what im wondering - do the 237 no's generally have a letter in them. mine is 673C-9G1639. thought it was a 6 but sure its not? any info appreciated.

cheers

I never have paid munch attention to engine serial #'s,but I'd bet money that's not a 237,but a 250.

I never have paid munch attention to engine serial #'s,but I'd bet money that's not a 237,but a 250.

I wont argue with you on that, but the fella i bought it off said it was a 237, has gold/copper paint on it here and there and i have an older C motor in the B, looks similar but not the same, that one's eng no is 2380B5358B.

id be glad to hear any other ideas on how to tell.

cheers

post-1825-127236534964_thumb.jpg I have a 237 and the s/n starts... ENDT675XXXXX

Now im really not sure, i steam cleaned engine, is mostly a silver colour, same as my C motor which i know came from a service workshop in early 70's. theres nothing on valve covers to state either thermo or maxi. granted eng no starts with 673C but could this C block have been used to build it into a 675/237? as obviously its a rebuilt engine. i cant see any other way of telling, i do think it drives with a greater power band than the C.

thanks for info so far

cheers

Hi Ellis, yes that is an eng#. It looks like it is an ENDT673C I would guess. Sometimes I've

seen the letters start down the side and not completely on top of deck.

It could be just T or TB 673 C depending on the age of the block, or it could be just what you see.

The #'s go in a sequence of 1A####, thru to Z, 2A####, 2B#### thru to Z then they go

3A####, 3B#### thru to Z and so on. Yours being 9G1639.

You have a 1960 B61T, so do I, June 60, B61T 34031.

Regards Jeff.

Hi Ellis, yes that is an eng#. It looks like it is an ENDT673C I would guess. Sometimes I've

seen the letters start down the side and not completely on top of deck.

It could be just T or TB 673 C depending on the age of the block, or it could be just what you see.

The #'s go in a sequence of 1A####, thru to Z, 2A####, 2B#### thru to Z then they go

3A####, 3B#### thru to Z and so on. Yours being 9G1639.

You have a 1960 B61T, so do I, June 60, B61T 34031.

Regards Jeff.

Gday Jeff, thanks for that - expains the G in it. definately just starts 673C, nothing prior, is clear to read. ive got a march 1960, delivered july 60 B613. Still not completed, hope to have it regod by june/july, i hear their tough on getting trucks thru pits here, so time will tell. again thanks for your help in both forums. still like to know if theres some site or place i can get any relevant info on these early flintstones.

cheers ellis