No Pulling Power

Ricklv2

This truck was just assigned to me when it came back from the Mack dealer. They say it just had a partial rebuild that replaced the sleaves and rods and all that stuff.

I don't have the details on the truck other than it's a late 1990s tractor with a 6 cylender diesal.

The truck runs real smooth and sounds good but it can't go up hills and takes for ever in each gear to get up to speed on the highway. It will do 75+ mph but it takes forever to get there.

Our mechanic is a nice guy but hasn't got a clue as to what's wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't have spent the money they did on it if the first 410k miles were put on as slow as the 500 miles I put on it yesterday. Droppng a gear going up about a 3 or 4% grade with 8,000 lbs of freight in the trailer just ain't right.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can tell our mechanic to check or adjust to help me go up hills with a little less embarrasment.

Thank you.

Rick

This truck was just assigned to me when it came back from the Mack dealer. They say it just had a partial rebuild that replaced the sleaves and rods and all that stuff.

I don't have the details on the truck other than it's a late 1990s tractor with a 6 cylender diesal.

The truck runs real smooth and sounds good but it can't go up hills and takes for ever in each gear to get up to speed on the highway. It will do 75+ mph but it takes forever to get there.

Our mechanic is a nice guy but hasn't got a clue as to what's wrong. I'm sure they wouldn't have spent the money they did on it if the first 410k miles were put on as slow as the 500 miles I put on it yesterday. Droppng a gear going up about a 3 or 4% grade with 8,000 lbs of freight in the trailer just ain't right.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can tell our mechanic to check or adjust to help me go up hills with a little less embarrasment.

Thank you.

Rick

Welcome to the site!

You need to provide more info!

the horse power of the truck

Is the truck electronic or manual fuel pump

late 90's is to vague to many changes between years!

any symtoms it may have helps loads

-black smoke no smoke pyro and boost readings!

-these all help in reguards to repairs

Thanks for the welcome fjh.

I just got into this truck yesterday and when I was done late last night all I wanted to do is get into me little Neon and go up hills fast to get home.

I'll have to read the info if available in the truck's paperwork.

I just thought there would be a general idea of what cold be wrong like weak tubo or fuel pump preasure adjust or somthing off the top of someone's head type of answer that would be linked to the rebuild.

I'll have to get back here Monday or Tuesday with more information.

Thanks for the reply.

Rick

Thanks for the welcome fjh.

I just got into this truck yesterday and when I was done late last night all I wanted to do is get into me little Neon and go up hills fast to get home.

I'll have to read the info if available in the truck's paperwork.

I just thought there would be a general idea of what cold be wrong like weak tubo or fuel pump preasure adjust or somthing off the top of someone's head type of answer that would be linked to the rebuild.

I'll have to get back here Monday or Tuesday with more information.

Thanks for the reply.

Rick

With out good info comments are usless until you have good info!As I mentioned things change from year to year horse power to horse power.

• 3 months later...