E9 Exhaust

mack mhe9

getting ready to redo my exhuast manifolds on a e9. going to biger turbo and more fuel. has anyone extrude honed and jethot coated them. is there any gain in hp or cooler exhaust temp. this truck is used everyday its not a pull truck so im looking for durability. thanks

Hello, i have used a similar coating to this on some extractors I made for the Tumbler Bat car I built, I found the coating to work well and keep them cooler, also use the redline water wetter in cooling system to pull the temp down as much as possible.

Grant

• 3 weeks later...

thanks.

I have a friend that ceramic coated his exhaust manifolds all the way to the turbo. He noticed cooler pyro temps but no noticable increase in boost or horsepower. If anything it is good insurance to do this to help things run cooler.

getting ready to redo my exhuast manifolds on a e9. going to biger turbo and more fuel. has anyone extrude honed and jethot coated them. is there any gain in hp or cooler exhaust temp. this truck is used everyday its not a pull truck so im looking for durability. thanks

I have an E-7 460 in a 01' CX-613, and have had my exaust manifold jet-hot coated since 2006, i initially did it for looks truthfully, but as another poster noted, i did see a noticeable drop in pyrometer temp. but no noticeable increase in horsepower/pulling power. mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.