Mb400 Intro

ff6cav

Hey all,

I'm Jared, from Aspers, PA. As long as I can remember, I've liked Mack trucks, probably because my dad has always had an interest in them. When my grandfather drove truck, he drove B, H, F and R model Mack's, as well as some other makes. My dad currently drives truck for my uncle, but unfortunately his truck is an IH Eagle, although he did drive a Vision for a few days when the IH was out of commission. My interest in old iron started when my dad and I restored our 1948 John Deere M a few years ago when I was 16. Since then, I've acquired a few garden tractors, a 1950 John Deere MT, and an IH K1 pickup, which I will probably be trying to sell soon. I am a volunteer firefighter with the Biglerville and Heidlersburg fire departments, and love it. Once my dad bought our MB 400, I figured this would be a good place to come for advice and information for when we get into doing somewhat of a restoration on it.

Hey all,

I'm Jared, from Aspers, PA. As long as I can remember, I've liked Mack trucks, probably because my dad has always had an interest in them. When my grandfather drove truck, he drove B, H, F and R model Mack's, as well as some other makes. My dad currently drives truck for my uncle, but unfortunately his truck is an IH Eagle, although he did drive a Vision for a few days when the IH was out of commission. My interest in old iron started when my dad and I restored our 1948 John Deere M a few years ago when I was 16. Since then, I've acquired a few garden tractors, a 1950 John Deere MT, and an IH K1 pickup, which I will probably be trying to sell soon. I am a volunteer firefighter with the Biglerville and Heidlersburg fire departments, and love it. Once my dad bought our MB 400, I figured this would be a good place to come for advice and information for when we get into doing somewhat of a restoration on it.

You're on the right path for help and advice, all free too. Many on this board enjoy helping others with an interest in the antique truck hobby, (especially Mack). Welcome to the site and ask away. Lots have more experience than myself with these things, but I'll chime in with what limited help that can be offered.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey all,

Hello! welcome to the site! this is definately the right place for advise and answers concerning macks. I drove an MB series truck for a local cartage company when i still lived in NJ, these were great trucks in my opinion,and they dont get a lot of play as far as restoration,etc. it would be nice to see one brought back! easy to work on, good in the city, great turning radius etc. good luck with the project,keep us posted!.....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.