That was not my bid, it was the horse traders. I offered him a hundred for the thing before the e bay stint. I chose not to participate in the bidding. We see what happens next..lol.., I should be hearing from him . The fate of the box continues....It's kinda fun to watch this box create a little dramatic excitment for us..Hope all is well for everyone...I just picked up that "41 White " from Oregon, and am making my way back to my shop in Florida. I'm in Idaho tonite. Watch closely for the next chapter of " The Saga of the Old Wooden MACK Box"....stay tuned...lol

So the owner bid on his own auction? Entertaining to see "greed before honor"; sounds like a politician. Wonder how it feels to be exposed for what you are when the facade comes down?

Happiness can never be attained living in a world of false pretences.

But then again, if he comes from a long line of horse traders, maybe his true last name is "gelded" and that would explain why his signature line was "Mike G". Most times a gelded horse is more valuable to even their temperment than their stallion counterpart. I doubt this guy is anything for stud service however.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

So the owner bid on his own auction? Entertaining to see "greed before honor"; sounds like a politician. Wonder how it feels to be exposed for what you are when the facade comes down?

Happiness can never be attained living in a world of false pretences.

But then again, if he comes from a long line of horse traders, maybe his true last name is "gelded" and that would explain why his signature line was "Mike G". Most times a gelded horse is more valuable to even their temperment than their stallion counterpart. I doubt this guy is anything for stud service however.

Rob

new news from horse trader....he now tells me the $1.00 bid was not him. he states he will put the owner in contact with me if said owner pays for the box. , and so we must wait.....reguardless of the outcome though , after witnessing this saga unfold, i agree that your logic hits the bulls eye...dead on ..., the man with more greed than compassion is not much of a man at all.

joe

new news from horse trader....he now tells me the $1.00 bid was not him. he states he will put the owner in contact with me if said owner pays for the box. , and so we must wait.....reguardless of the outcome though , after witnessing this saga unfold, i agree that your logic hits the bulls eye...dead on ..., the man with more greed than compassion is not much of a man at all.

joe

Hi Joe, I'm not familiar with an auction opening at $1.00. The auction I posted had an opening bid of $49.99 which received a sole and winning bid. I also noticed the gents willingness to plargiarize your efforts with the prints and origins of the beginnings to this box. Amazing what people will do no matter how great or small to further their own interests, (sounds familiar doesn't it).

Also doesn't lend much credibility to his statement that he has a $200.00 offer prior to listing on ebay. Probably a normal way of life without much thought or regard to such.

Most likely best to avoid this party as nothing good can come from it. Generally once a liar, always a liar.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Joe, I'm not familiar with an auction opening at $1.00. The auction I posted had an opening bid of $49.99 which received a sole and winning bid. I also noticed the gents willingness to plargiarize your efforts with the prints and origins of the beginnings to this box. Amazing what people will do no matter how great or small to further their own interests, (sounds familiar doesn't it).

Also doesn't lend much credibility to his statement that he has a $200.00 offer prior to listing on ebay. Probably a normal way of life without much thought or regard to such.

Most likely best to avoid this party as nothing good can come from it. Generally once a liar, always a liar.

Rob

I think the horse man opened with that 49.00 price, and he sais someone bid a dollar 30 seconds before the closeing bell rang. We may never know. I agree with your statement about "amazing humans". When I saw that print on there I decided I would not participate in the bidding. He certainly knows how to deflate interest in his product. It's a shame, what happens when greed takes over. As for his claimed $200.00 offer ? I doubt that existed. As for my offer of hundred dollars ? After that print showed up on line ...well that ended my offer of a hundred dollars in my mind.

After the auction I sent him an email with three potential options.

1st, I suggested he could be a real hero and ship the box to you as a gift.

2nd, I suggested he could sell me the box for the $50.00 bucks that it went for on line, and I'd ship it to ya myself .

3rd, I suggested he could keep the box for himself and get a ill laugh everytime he looks at it.

Whatever becomes of that box , I know I'll never forget what took place here, and I hope that horse trader never forgets either.

Is it any wonder then that the values that built this Great Country we knew as " The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA " are in danger of becoming just a memory ?

Joe