2004 Vision

2004 vision w/427 tore the belt that runs the alt. water pump, and ac. Also frayed up the fan belt. The idler pulley bolted to the block has a chunk out of it as well as the tensioner looks twisted a little bit. My question is, is there enough room to change out the tensioner and idler without taking the fan or anything else out? Also, what for bolt head holds the tensioner and idler on? Thanks in advance

P.S. It's been one of those days. The top radiator hose on our 2008 cxu created a 2 in. slit in it letting the truck loose lots of coolant. Hose looks brand new, but has a 2 in slit in it. Any thoughts on why this happened? Mack dealer didn't have one so i went to the KW/volvo dealer and was able to match a volvo hose up(had to cut about 3 in. off to make it work) Seems to be working fine.

2004 vision w/427 tore the belt that runs the alt. water pump, and ac. Also frayed up the fan belt. The idler pulley bolted to the block has a chunk out of it as well as the tensioner looks twisted a little bit. My question is, is there enough room to change out the tensioner and idler without taking the fan or anything else out? Also, what for bolt head holds the tensioner and idler on? Thanks in advance

P.S. It's been one of those days. The top radiator hose on our 2008 cxu created a 2 in. slit in it letting the truck loose lots of coolant. Hose looks brand new, but has a 2 in slit in it. Any thoughts on why this happened? Mack dealer didn't have one so i went to the KW/volvo dealer and was able to match a volvo hose up(had to cut about 3 in. off to make it work) Seems to be working fine.

The tensioner on the passenger/RH side of the engine that runs the wide belt is a pain to change, takes a cut off 8mm or 5/16 allen wrench and a small cheater pipe to remove. The tensioner on the driver side ( narrow water pump belt)up on top of the engine is fairly easy to change but the black plastic idler mounted down low is a real pain to change. It is a "torx 50" bolt that strips easy. You can do it without removing the fan but it aint easy. There has been many revisions in the part #'s on the tensioners due to upgrades and improvments.