R Anr R Bosch Inj. Pump

raybing

I need to remove my inj pump today. the shop said there is a mark to line up under a cover. Is the the mark under the front pan facing the radiator? thanks ray

What engine?E6 E7? 2Valve Or 4 valve head, what year?

e6 4 or 2 valve the pointers ar at the front on the damper you need to pull the front valve cover to be sur #1 valves at closed and that your on the timing marks for the engine 4 valve has 2 pointers one valve set V one Timing you need to be on T

E7 same rules apply but the pointer is on the bottom of the flywheel housing 6 bolt or 2 bolt cover!

I printed your directions and will try this morning. thanks oh ya 91 300hp. ray

E7 same rules apply but the pointer is on the bottom of the flywheel housing 6 bolt cover

#1 valves closed. engine on timing marks on flywheel dead center in the opening!.

Ok, Finally got it off. Kind of sick mack puzzle. I definately need a repair manual to save time and energy. Hopefully I will be able to get the gear in the right place and time the thing, with the secret plug and rotating cog. Ha. The dealer warned me not to do it myself, said I would need an A-B timing light. Oh well a person never learned without mistakes. Thanks again ray

Ok, Finally got it off. Kind of sick mack puzzle. I definately need a repair manual to save time and energy. Hopefully I will be able to get the gear in the right place and time the thing, with the secret plug and rotating cog. Ha. The dealer warned me not to do it myself, said I would need an A-B timing light. Oh well a person never learned without mistakes. Thanks again ray

When you put it back on Because you put it on the Timing marks before you started (Correct) You now only got to remove the plug pear into the hole once the pump is back on be sure the flat blade is dead center in the window and bolt the gear up put the cover on see how it runs!The Ab light thing is a bonus if you can get one if not and the engine dosent run to satisfaction take it to the dealer pay the .5 to and hour and have them time it!You still saved the re and re!