R +R 12 Speed

rich

:rolleyes: I am replacing a 1070b 12 speed cause the damn thing broke. A while ago i bought this superliner that had a 12 speed and the 2 low hole speeds would not work. After some research and investigation I realized the lock out had broke in half. Though i tried to retrieve the broken parts all i got out was a couple small chunks. Getting back to when i bought this truck the tranny locked up because it was in 2 gears at once. I was able to pop off the shift tower and line the slides up and go on my merry way. After thinking about it i am sure one of the chuncks was the culprit and then finally fell to the bottom. Then after a while reverse was becoming a problem engaging and the nuetral for the pto was a problem. Then the other day I put a little strain on the drive train and snap goes the tranny. No reverse no pto no nuttin. Towed it to the shop and decieded to find a good take out with a garrentee and found one for a $1000.00 could not pass it up. I will pick it up tomorrow and do the swap. I am praying to the MACK gods that i am getting a good tranny. We split it and everything looks good

rolleyes.gif I am replacing a 1070b 12 speed cause the damn thing broke. A while ago i bought this superliner that had a 12 speed and the 2 low hole speeds would not work. After some research and investigation I realized the lock out had broke in half. Though i tried to retrieve the broken parts all i got out was a couple small chunks. Getting back to when i bought this truck the tranny locked up because it was in 2 gears at once. I was able to pop off the shift tower and line the slides up and go on my merry way. After thinking about it i am sure one of the chuncks was the culprit and then finally fell to the bottom. Then after a while reverse was becoming a problem engaging and the nuetral for the pto was a problem. Then the other day I put a little strain on the drive train and snap goes the tranny. No reverse no pto no nuttin. Towed it to the shop and decieded to find a good take out with a garrentee and found one for a $1000.00 could not pass it up. I will pick it up tomorrow and do the swap. I am praying to the MACK gods that i am getting a good tranny. We split it and everything looks good

What are your plans for the busted one? I have a 1070b that has problems also and would like to have another for spare parts as that damned thing is expensive to repair!!

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What are your plans for the busted one? I have a 1070b that has problems also and would like to have another for spare parts as that damned thing is expensive to repair!!

Thanks,

Rob

I am going to find the problem then go from there. I think it has a broken main shaft