Shocking Astatic Mic

Gambi80

I've got an Astatic mic on my cb, the mic isn't very old...a few months at most. When I use it it the coil spring just below the mic feels like it shocks my hand or burns it. Why is that? Is the mic bad or the radio?

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I've got an Astatic mic on my cb, the mic isn't very old...a few months at most. When I use it it the coil spring just below the mic feels like it shocks my hand or burns it. Why is that? Is the mic bad or the radio?

hmmmm...I use an Astatic too...never had any problems. Is the spring shorted on a wire or anything?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

hmmmm...I use an Astatic too...never had any problems. Is the spring shorted on a wire or anything?

I don't know, I haven't taken it apart. It doesn't happen all the time, so who knows. I hate to buy another one since they're not the cheapest thing out there...but they work well.

I just got an Astatic mic not too long ago and I noticed it's now made in Rock Island, IL. Looks like Barjan bought them out.

Its getting hard to find one that isn't either the chrome or camo. I like the plain jane one I guess.

I hope it's not going to ruin the radio...I paid way too much for that to happen, dammit.