Dump Truck Needing Hauled:

Rob

Anyone interested in hauling a dump truck from Hampton Roads, VA area to either Indy, Chicago, St. Louis, or someplace in between? Should be probably about 21,000 pounds. It does run, drive and all ten tires are up. Should also start on it's own as it is recently retired along with the current owner. It would probably make the trip on it's own, but burn 10 gallons of oil along the way.

No real hurry, can be as late as late spring of this year. Too many other projects right now to start another.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Whatchagit Rob?

Is this an approved business expense?

Is this gonna be MORE crap in the backyard?

Will you be missing Big Jim? Seems you already lost the twins

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Whatchagit Rob?

Is this an approved business expense?

Is this gonna be MORE crap in the backyard?

Will you be missing Big Jim? Seems you already lost the twins

You must be talking bout "Mr. Mike".

Yes, it an approved business expense as it will be a working truck.

I'm done with crap in the backyard.

I've always liked the long hood trucks and this is an 80 Superliner, (round headlamps) with a bad 400 Cummins. I've have a 1693TA Cat to install so should be a good fit.

Known the truck since 1985 and trust it's maintenance history, so should be a good one. I was in the Navy with the owner's son and now both are retired. I got to know his dad quite well as he ran B models for many years in the area and I used to frequent Tidewater Mack which catered to the B models very well. When I departed in 1988 I told him I'd be interested in the truck when it was for sale and have now bought it. I'm told it needs paint and an engine rebuild, but that's about it. Having some history, I believe him. He did buy it new so guess that makes me the second owner.

The twins were "sacrificed"; (I keep telling myself that).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.