E7-355/380 E-Tech Reliability

brian529

Good Evening to all. Leaving corporate American for a seat in a Mack CH613 with a 42" sleeper. Wondering with 555k how reliable these units are. Engine is a E7-355/380 E-TECH. Got a 100k powertrain warranty with truck. Thanks in advance for any info.

We bought a fleet of 2002 CH613's with the 355/380 and resold them all. We have had vey good luck with them, they are the more refined version of the ETECH engine ( Mack calls them the "CCRS")with most all the bugs worked out. We have even bumped the HP up to 427 and 460P on a few, The 460P bump was quiet $$$$. The 355/380 puts out the same FT LBS of torque as a 427HP (1560 FT LBS if I remember correctly)

We bought a fleet of 2002 CH613's with the 355/380 and resold them all. We have had vey good luck with them, they are the more refined version of the ETECH engine ( Mack calls them the "CCRS")with most all the bugs worked out. We have even bumped the HP up to 427 and 460P on a few, The 460P bump was quiet $$$$. The 355/380 puts out the same FT LBS of torque as a 427HP (1560 FT LBS if I remember correctly)

Thanks for the quick response. New to the business I feel better for two reasons, first your info puts me more at ease and second, this site is like a whole group of friends that want to help each other survive. Unlike the world I'm leaving where they leave you for dead. Thanks again.

Maxx613

• 2 weeks later...

the best years for the E tech E 7 were from 97 to 01 .I own a 99 E 7 355/380 with 930 000 thousand miles on it and am very pleased with it.Their weak point is the injection system that can develop leaks from using ultra low sulfur diesel wthout additives to protect the system.The unit pumps o rings can leak diesel onto the camshaft located directly underneath and cause a lot of dammage if not caught early.I strongly suggest taking oil samples on a regular basis to prevent this. :unsure: