B-75 Electrical Help Needed

im asking around if any body has gotten rid of the 24 volt solenoid and made their truck a 12 volt start system and what you have to do to make it all work.this truck is a ground up resto in progress and a brand new harness is on its way so anything can be done to get rid of this switch. any help i s greatly appreciated.

hi,

replace you 24 v starter with a 12 v starter. then all the wiring to the bateries is straight forward. The only real difference will be that you will need to take your starter button wire to the silinoid on the starter instead of the SP switch. I have used a small (ford automotive type) starter relay on the starter button wire so that the button has very light load put apon it. You should goto a negitive ground at this time but is not totally nessecery. Just makes installing radios and CB's easier later on, and alternators are a fine upgrade also.

Morgan

15 gears...no waiting!

hi,

replace you 24 v starter with a 12 v starter. then all the wiring to the bateries is straight forward. The only real difference will be that you will need to take your starter button wire to the silinoid on the starter instead of the SP switch. I have used a small (ford automotive type) starter relay on the starter button wire so that the button has very light load put apon it. You should goto a negitive ground at this time but is not totally nessecery. Just makes installing radios and CB's easier later on, and alternators are a fine upgrade also.

Morgan

thanks for the info sounds easy enough

• 2 months later...

im asking around if any body has gotten rid of the 24 volt solenoid and made their truck a 12 volt start system and what you have to do to make it all work.this truck is a ground up resto in progress and a brand new harness is on its way so anything can be done to get rid of this switch. any help i s greatly appreciated.

Hi, I was just reading through some of these older posts and saw that you said you had a new harness coming. Just wondering where you got it from? I saw that new ones cost over 1,300 at Watt's and I figured I would attempt to make a new harness myself for that price.

-Ryan