What Are The Going Rates?

Ironman

So what could I expect to pay to have my truck floated from Palmerston Ont. to North Bay Ont. It's 247 ml or = 397 km

:SMOKIE-LFT: What's the going rate per Km. now in Canada? :SMOKIE-RT:

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

I'm just looking to get a price to float my truck 247 ml

I got one price - $600 cdn. Not sure if that's good. So I thought I shop around.

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

I'm just looking to get a price to float my truck 247 ml

I got one price - $600 cdn. Not sure if that's good. So I thought I shop around.

About $3.00 a mile is what I was quoted the last time I asked and did not take the quote. Went after the truck myself. Depending on length you may be able to catch a back haul which would reduce the price somewhat. Best bet would be to find a "hot shot" rig that is looking for a return load. Some of those guys will treat you right.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Rob

At $3.00 a ml. I'm thinking this guy that quoted me $600. isn't that bad a deal

$3.00 X 247ml = $741

The only CATCH to the $600 deal is he will haul it when it is convenient for him, possibly Spring time.

Which is fine. Free storage for the winter

GLENN

• 2 weeks later...

We have been figuring about $2.50/mile for each mile required, both ways. Plus the cost of any permits, tolls etc.

If our truck is loaded each way, that obviously reduces the cost to each shipper, like Rob has said earlier.

Be particularly careful to give the trucker correct height, width and weight information.

$600.00 for a 247 mile move does not sound bad, at least in the US. Hauling at the trucker's convenience is a bit of a risky proposition, however, as people do tend to forget these things!

Good luck!

Paul Van Scott