E7_427 Motor

haus4350

i put two cans of dyke brand stop leak and two gallons of antifreeze in it...so far it has not leaked any more coolant into the crankcase...any ideas on where the coolant could be leaking from if the stop leak solved the problem?

also...the oil is onot turning gooey and milky in the blowby filter now since the coolant is not getting into the oil...will the coolant and water steam out of the oil or will it be in there until i change the oil

should have put the stop leak in there sooner...thanks.

Edited by king cotton

i put two cans of dyke brand stop leak and two gallons of antifreeze in it...so far it has not leaked any more coolant into the crankcase...any ideas on where the coolant could be leaking from if the stop leak solved the problem?

also...the oil is onot turning gooey and milky in the blowby filter now since the coolant is not getting into the oil...will the coolant and water steam out of the oil or will it be in there until i change the oil

should have put the stop leak in there sooner...thanks.

Does your engine have a coolant filter on it? The reason I ask is around 2001 mack started making the coolant filter optional( I think about 50-75$) and alot/most all of fleet trucks were built with out them. Fast forward to today and most fleets and 2nd owners didnt keep the PH/DCA "whatever you call it" levels correct and it would eat the block up where the liners rest on the ledge in the block and block pitts up on the ledge and leaks coolant past the liners into the oil pan. Now when this happens we usually remove the liners and cut out the pitting and put shims in to raise the liner back up to specs. And of course use new liners and rings and rod and main bearings. This is what we call a mini-overhaul, reuse the steel pistions and heads.

If it were mine and I used it as much as you do I would be doing the same thing As 68 has stated liners are the likly culpret! run it for a bit more and drain off the goo you have put in the rad flush it and restore it to proper coolant and get on with life!Ive been tempted to try this stuff http://www.rxauto.com/index.htm if it leaks agian phone these guys and give it a try.they garrenty it or your money back.