Engine Info On E6 300 And Heat Trouble.

macattack

i am new to this forum. i am looking for a description of the mack e6 300 engine. basically i need the locations of the fuel,oil and coolant filters.

the engine is in my 96 mack mr688s front load refuse truck. also any tips on getting heat out of the girl. i just purchased this unit and i think a water valve must be turned off. any idea where this is?

thanks everybody!!

i am new to this forum. i am looking for a description of the mack e6 300 engine. basically i need the locations of the fuel,oil and coolant filters.

There are 2 spin on oil filters and a Centrimax bypass type cartridge filter on the left side of the engine. There will be primary and secondary fuel filters on the right side, and the coolant filter is at the front of the water manifold right at the thermostat housing where the top radiator hose attaches.

the engine is in my 96 mack mr688s front load refuse truck. also any tips on getting heat out of the girl. i just purchased this unit and i think a water valve must be turned off. any idea where this is?

thanks everybody!!

Toward the rear of the water manifold there should be a valve that looks like a water faucet with a heater hose attached to it. This must be open to allow coolant to circulate thru the heater core. There is also a cable operated valve in the other heater hose, check to make sure that valve is also open.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

thanks for the info. i am sure i was told its a e6. this is in a front load refuse truck. model mr688s. is they a way i can tell visually if its an e6 or e7 engine?

thanks again. this is my first mack engine, so sorry for being ignorant.

thanks

With the cab up and standing on the pass RH side look behind the fuel pump if you see a bolt on plate that the turbo drain tube goes to its an E6

If the tube bolts directly to the block with 2 bolts its E7.

• 2 weeks later...

Toward the rear of the water manifold there should be a valve that looks like a water faucet with a heater hose attached to it. This must be open to allow coolant to circulate thru the heater core. There is also a cable operated valve in the other heater hose, check to make sure that valve is also open.

Actually on that particular engine /truck combo the water valve is located just behind the thermostat housing near the front of the motor on top of the water manifold...

Actually on that particular engine /truck combo the water valve is located just behind the thermostat housing near the front of the motor on top of the water manifold...

thanks. i checked the water valve behind the housing and sure enough it was off.

i began to get some heat but not very much. the lines to the core were somewhat warm , but not near hot enough. temp guage only showed about 140, i think the thermostat is too low or stuck. what do you guys think.