Macungie Plant Tour

Great Tour, lots of different models go down the line, I wanted to see how the trucks were assembled so I could use that to understand how to restore the B model as I think they use the same basic assemblies. Do not forget to call ahead to set up a time.

Firemack

Great...thank you...is it true they want at least 5 people in your group to tour?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was wondering what the Macungie plant tour is like? Is it worth going? Thank you.

Its a real good time i went with my grandfather 2 yrs ago. its great besides the tour guide showing us the "throw away lights" on a mr. does he think people are stupid , dont you throw away all lights when the blow?? go its great time

• 3 weeks later...

I go every time I make the ATCA show at Macungie. You don't get to see the line moving, but its still a good tour. The show,museum,and the plant tour are a must for the MACK fan.Every Fathers Day weekend it is the place to be. :mack1::thumb:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 3 weeks later...

I have not had a chance to check out the Macungie plant, but I have been to the one in Dublin before Mack moved back to PA. I had a blast there and can only imagine going to the one up in PA. I would go in a heartbeat is I ever make it up that way.

I was wondering what the Macungie plant tour is like? Is it worth going? Thank you.

Worth it. You are pretty much allowed to walk along the assembly line un-guided. Look all you want and stay as long as you want. So its no so much a tour as it is more like being turned loose in the plant :D.

I went for the first time last year and plan to each time I go to Macungie.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!